Time to market is important, so why spend time and money negotiating confidentiality, material transfer or collaborative research agreements when the work has been done for you?
To simplify the process of collaborating with a research partner, the Scottish university partners have agreed a series of downloadable, standardised legal agreements that will be agreed by both parties prior to project initiation.
Please note that these agreements should be used as a starting point and all discussions should be undertaken by the business and their academic partner.
Confidentiality Agreements & Letters
These are used at the initial stages to discuss projects and safeguard your ideas.
- 2-way Confidentiality Agreement
- 3-way Confidentiality Agreement
- Confidentiality Letter 1-way undertaking by University
- Confidentiality Letter 1-way (companies, institutions)
- Confidentiality Letter 1-way (individuals)
Innovation Voucher Legal Agreements
- Standard Innovation Voucher Legal Agreement (in kind only)
- Standard Innovation Voucher Legal Agreement (in cash & in kind)
- Advanced Innovation Voucher Legal Agreement (in cash & in kind)
- Contract Research Agreement for use with industry
- Research Agreement for use with industry (Generating party owns IP)
- Research Agreement for use with industry (University owns IP)
- Studentship Agreement (Joint IP between University and company)
- Studentship Agreement (University owns IP and offers company option)
- Studentship Agreement (Company owns IP and licenses IP to University for research)
The Brunswick agreements https://arma.ac.uk/updated-brunswick-agreements/ available for all UK Universities are based upon the above suite of agreements which had been generated and agreed for use by all Scottish universities and have been subject to consultation with both Russell Group and Brunswick Group Universities.